Rent a Motorbike in Chaing Mai Posted near Chiang Mai

Hi guys, where is the best place to rent a motorbike in Chaing Mai ? What is the average price ? I have A2 –( Restricted UK bike ) licence so can i use my licence in Chaing Mai? Thanks

4 Replies 4 years ago

Answers 4

William McKenna

William McKenna

red ride(farang owner) is the best, but a buddy of mine rented a legit motorcycle from there, after one month, he decided to rent it another, he asked the red ride owner if the oil should be checked, red ride said no, 2 weeks later the bike ran out of oil and when that happens it literally destroys and engine so the bike was totalled and red ride tried to make my buddy pay for everything, id say my buddy owes 20% of the cost... so thats the only tarnishment to red rides reputation after serving hundreds of happy customers

there are lots of thai shops that will sell a rent a scooter for less than 3000 baht monthly too

just never give your passport to anyone, red ride would never even ask for it bc they are legit, u pay a deposit is all

Chiang, Villa Alemana, Villa Alemana, Región de Valparaíso, Chile 4 years ago Reply

Alois Bělka

Alois Bělka

Hi Nicole; I was in Chiang Mail 2 months ago. I just rented a bike for 500/ week @ Redride chiang mai - would be 1.700 a month. They are pretty awesome! I guess you can use your license there. Also i am agree with William, never give your passport to anyone. Just be extra careful. Good luck!

Bali, Indonesia 4 years ago Reply

Tiffany Ryan

Tiffany Ryan

Definitely, you should visit Red Ride. Their crew can deliver a scooter, motorbike, or motorcycle to you at the airport, bus station, train station, or where you are staying. Key points for me: no passport needed, customer service was clear and friendly, price was cheap, the bike was delivered to my location and came with a full gas tank! I am always renting a bike from RedRide. A national motorcycle drivers licence issued in your home country, valid for a motorcycle and, an International Driving Permit. The maximum period that you can drive a bike legally on an IDP is 60 days on a Tourist Visa, 90 days on a Non-Immigrant visa. Motorcycles can be a fun way to move around, but remember road accidents are common. P.s. Take photos from all angles of the rental before you leave, to protect yourself should there be any dispute about damage later on.

Chiang Mai Thailand 4 years ago Reply

Nicole White

Nicole White

Hey guys, thank you for taking the time to share all of that great information with me.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 4 years ago Reply

Write a Reply Cancel Reply

You must be logged in to reply!

PARTICIPANTS 4