General

PARTICIPANTS 2

Looking for companions. Posted in General

Hi all! A have decided to become a nomad 2 years ago. I have changed occupation, work, lifestyle and left my home 6 month ago. Now, I'm in Thailand, and have plans to stay in southern Asia for half of year at least. In few months I'll go to Malaysia\Indonesia for few month, and then to Vietnam or Thailand again, while working remotely. Looking for companions and fellows in this lifetime journey.

2 Replies 3 years ago

Answers 2

Viacheslav Trofymov

Viacheslav Trofymov

Hi. I do not want to join you, but can share few thoughts about countries you want to visit ) (I recently finished my first journey)

So) Malaysia is a Muslim country. I do not know if you take care of religion, but be ready — it is very different from such countries as Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. I realised that it is a Muslim country only in the Kuala Lumpur airport - it was a stress for me because I didn't know the language, people was really strange at first look and there were no any people that I could talk about. I even did not have booked a hotel at that moment.

Vietnam. There is a small city in Vietnam called Nha Trang - there are a lot of Russians there, so it could be a place where you could rest a little bit and talk to our native people) About 60km Northen there is a beach called Dok Let, you should probably visit that place, it is really beautiful place with the whitest sand I have ever seen before. Also, there is a whole theme island called Vinpearl located near Nha Trang.

Also, if you have plans to visit Singapore without the visa - be careful buying air ticket! Some of the low-costers air companies are not fit to those purposes. We bought Tiger Air tickets from Vietnam to Singapore, but was not allowed even for boarding! Read more info about it.

Kiev, Kyiv city, Ukraine 3 years ago

Dmitry Borodin

Dmitry Borodin

Viacheslav Trofymov

Hi. I do not want to join you, but can share few thoughts about countries you want to visit ) (I recently finished my first journey)

So) Malaysia is a Muslim country. I do not know if you take care of religion, but be ready — it is very different from such countries as Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. I realised that it is a Muslim country only in the Kuala Lumpur airport - it was a stress for me because I didn't know the language, people was really strange at first look and there were no any people that I could talk about. I even did not have booked a hotel at that moment.

Vietnam. There is a small city in Vietnam called Nha Trang - there are a lot of Russians there, so it could be a place where you could rest a little bit and talk to our native people) About 60km Northen there is a beach called Dok Let, you should probably visit that place, it is really beautiful place with the whitest sand I have ever seen before. Also, there is a whole theme island called Vinpearl located near Nha Trang.

Also, if you have plans to visit Singapore without the visa - be careful buying air ticket! Some of the low-costers air companies are not fit to those purposes. We bought Tiger Air tickets from Vietnam to Singapore, but was not allowed even for boarding! Read more info about it.

Thx for advice. I just found "Hubs" coworking spaces, so most probably i'll go to Hubud and than to KoHub, And I hope I'll meet like-minded person there.

Thailand 3 years ago